The UniTrane® fan coil is the leader in these key areas:
- Energy Efficiency
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
The exclusive use of Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM)
incorporates the latest technology for optimized energy efficiency,
acoustical abatement, maintenance free and extended motor life.
- has a built-in microprocessor that allows for programmability,
soft ramp-up, better airflow control, and serial communication.
- lowers operating costs on average of 50 percent (versus a PSC
- has a reduced FLA option that allows the unit to ship
with a nameplate FLA rating much lower than a typical
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Standard Closed-cell insulation prevents fiberglass in the
- Drain pans are non-corrosive, positively sloped,
and cleanable to maximize protection from microbial growth.
- Easy filter access encourages frequent changing.
auto-economizer damper option allows free cooling and ventilation to
help comply with ASHRAE® 62—and save energy and operating
- Available control options:
- Fan speed control (provided
when no control package is selected)
terminal interface (CSTI)
- Low voltage Thermostat
- Tracer® ZN520 controller
- Tracer® UC400-B controller
with optional Air-Fi® Wireless Communications Interface
- All Trane control options:
factory-mounted, configured and tested to minimize field setup
and improve reliability.
- wired with a 24 Vac
transformer to keep only a single source power connection
requirement to the unit.
- automatically determine the
unit’s correct operating mode (heat/cool) by utilizing a
proportional/integral (PI) control algorithm to maintain the
space temperature at the active setpoint, allowing for total
- Monitor unit operation
using Tracer® TU building management system with Tracer® ZN520 and
- To customize unit control, Tracer® TU or Rover™
software will allow field modification of Tracer® ZN520 default
settings. UC400-B uses Tracer® TU.
- Two, three, and four-row coils allow greater design
flexibility in two and four-pipe systems.
- One-row steam or
hot water reheat coils for dehumidification on units with ZN520
- Fan motors are available for either high static, up
to 0.5-inch external static pressure, or free discharge
- Piping is factory assembled, mounted and
tested. Units are also available without piping.
coil piping is available on 2-pipe units with hot water reheat coils
and either a fan speed switch or Tracer® ZN520 and UC400-B.
- Control options range from a simple fan speed switch to a DDC
controller that can tie into a
- Tracer® Summit building
- An 8-inch extended end pocket is
available on the piping end of cabinet style units. An additional
8-inch extended end pocket is also available on the controls end of
the cabinet style units.
- Slope-top vertical cabinet units
are also available for school and dormitory applications to prevent
items from being placed on top of the units.
- Coils and piping packages are air and leak-tested before
mounting on the fan coil.
- Coil piping connections are also
air and leak-tested after mounting on the unit.
- All control
end devices and moving components (fans and motors) are
computer-tested after units are complete.
- Touch-safe control box.
- Integrated user interface
with real language LED display.
- Built-in tachometer.
- Filters are easily removable and changed without removing the
front panel on vertical cabinet units.
- Motors are easy to
disconnect from the fan board, allowing easy service.
main and auxiliary drain pans are easily removable and wipe clean
with a wet cloth.
- The manual output test function is an
invaluable troubleshooting tool. By simply pressing the test button
on the Tracer® ZN520 service personnel can manually exercise outputs
in a predefined sequence.