A large number of buildings use small, packaged rooftop units for HVAC. This ENL will discuss several recent regulatory changes and technology advances that affect systems using this class of equipment.
- Summarize recent changes to minimum efficiency requirements and regulations from ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and the Department of Energy.
- Explain the various energy efficiency ratings used for small rooftop equipment (EER, SEER, and IEER).
- Understand single-zone VAV control in rooftop units equipped with either modulated or staged/cycled heat.
- Apply small rooftop units in multiple-zone VAV systems.
- Employ energy-saving control strategies, such as demand-controlled ventilation, airside economizing, fan pressure optimization, and supply air temperature reset.
Click on the Start Quiz button to view video, access handout materials and take the quiz.
Assessment is required by USGBC. Once you pass the quiz with a 70% or better pass rate, you can access the certificate in your Trane Education Center account Learning History.